Your Texas Amateur Quarter Horse Association membership is expired. As of June 1, 2010 our Executive Committee voted to have all annual memberships expire on December 31. This simplifies the management of renewals therefore saving time and money for the association. Renew your membership and nominate your horse(s) for yearend highpoint awards TODAY!
TAQHA YEAR END NOMINATION AND AWARD RULES FOR 2013
1. Must be a current AQHA and TAQHA member in good standing.
2. Qualifying Year: Jan 1, 2013 thru Dec. 31, 2013.
3. All awards are based on one horse/one rider. One rider may nominate more than 1 horse with points accumulating separately for each horse/rider combination.
4. Awards are based on ALL TEXAS show points, not AQHA qualifying points.
5. Awards are given for events/classes with 1 or more nominees, provided the nominee(s) accumulate a minimum of 15 ‘show points’ and show to a minimum of 5 judges in that class.
6. You must earn points in three events in order to be considered for an All Around Award.
7. All Texas shows are TAQHA approved shows that will count towards year end awards.
|Don’t miss out on the perks of being a member of THE TEXAS AMATEUR QUARTER HORSE ASOCIATION!
Texas Amateur Quarter Horse Association has given year end awards to the amateur rider for many years. TA plans to seek greater member participation in this very successful program. Beginning in 2010 all sanctioned Texas AQHA shows will count for points toward year end awards.
Training events hosted by well known trainers who will cover subjects from “tips for beginning horsemen” to “advanced horsemanship and halter” offered through local associations.
TA will more intensely encourage participation in ranch rides for the recreational rider. This is a rapidly growing sector of horse interest and offers great pleasure to those that do not compete in shows. With enough participation Year end awards will be presented.
TA supports the cattle events. The rule change that provides that all Texas AQHA shows count for yearend awards is a first step to increase participation in cattle events. State Championship Buckles will be awarded at a 2013 summer cattle event to be announced.
TAQHA is a separate organization from TQHA (Texas Quarter Horse Association). To be eligible for TAQHA year end awards and the other benefits of your Amateur Association your TAQHA membership must be current through the end of year.
903-267-4915 Email: info@TAQHA.Com
2010 Copyright Texas Amateur Quarter Horse Association,
C/O Elise Blake, PO Box 267, Whitesboro, TX 76273
site design by Infinite Design, Inc